Privacy statement Fresenius Kabi
The processing of personal data by Fresenius Kabi is subject to the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Fresenius Kabi (‘we’, ‘us’, ‘our’) take the protection of your personal data very seriously and we do everything in our power to process and protect it correctly.
Below is an overview of the data we collect, why we collect it and how we do this.
If you would like additional information, you can always contact Fresenius Kabi (see 9. Contact).
1. How do we collect your data?
Fresenius Kabi gets your information when you subscribe or register online.
At the bottom of the registration form, you expressly agree to the Fresenius Kabi Privacy Statement and the processing of your data.
2. Why do we process your data?
We collect and process your data for the following processes:
- a. Hospitality according to the Mdeon regulations
- travel, meals and/or accommodation.
- b. Communication
- contacting us verbally and/or in writing.
- c. Agreement
- Drafting and entering into Participation Agreements.
- d. Transparency register
The mandatory duty of transparency obliges Fresenius Kabi N.V./SA to document the benefits that they award to healthcare professionals and to publish them annually on the betransparent.be platform.
- e. Tax forms
Preparing tax form 258.10.
3. Which data do we collect?
We collect different types of data for each process and purpose.
This may include:
- Name (official name, official first name, form of address)
- Personal details (date of birth, nationality, gender)
- Address and contact details (address, telephone number, mobile phone number, e-mail address)
- Company or organisation’s contact details (department, role/position)
- Information linked to the place of employment (name of institution, address, VAT number)
- IP address (restricted validity term)
- Travel information (destination and length of stay)
- Special personal data (dietary requirements, allergies)
- Identification details issued by the government (national register number, identity card number, international passport number, disability insurance number)
- Other information: conference membership number
- Processing principles
We base the use of personal data on various principles:
- We process your personal information because you have given us your express permission.
- We use your personal data because the processing of your personal data is necessary:
- for the purposes of complying with the implementation of the statutory provisions imposed on us by law.
We are obliged to comply with:
- Transparency requirements (the Sunshine Act)
- Tax laws
- For the preparation, conducting or defence of lawsuits or whenever courts act in their judicial capacity.
- 5. Possible recipients and international data transfer of your data
We use third-party organisations to achieve our goal. That is why we may share your personal data, disclose it or make it accessible in its entirety to other organisations.
Possible categories of recipients are:
- ActWise (responsible for organising, planning and booking flights, transport and hotels as part of scientific meetings for healthcare professionals)
- Other organisations such as:
- travel companies;
- conference organisations;
- other participants, e.g. in the context of transport
6. Retention periods
We store data for different periods depending on the process and purpose. Your data will in any event not be kept for longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it is processed.
- Transparency information is visible on the betransparent.be platform for 3 years and Fresenius Kabi keeps it for the competent authorities for 10 years.
7. Requirements for the disclosure of personal data
Your personal data is necessary for entering into a Participation Agreement.
If you do not provide your personal data:
- we cannot enter into an Agreement with you;
- you may not be able to take part in certain programmes;
- you may not be able to use certain services.
8. Your rights
You have certain rights related to your personal data.
You have the right to access your personal data, so that you can check which personal data we hold about you and so that you can check whether we process it in a lawful manner.
In many cases, you are also entitled:
- to rectify your personal data if the personal data that we have about you is incorrect or incomplete;
- to remove or erase your personal data from our systems;
- to block or stop further use of your personal data. If the processing is limited in this way, we may still store your personal data, but no longer use it;
- to data portability, which means that you can obtain your personal data from us under certain circumstances in a structured, standard and machine-readable format, so that you can reuse this personal data for your own purposes;
- to object to certain kinds of processing of your personal data. If you lodge such an objection, we will no longer process your personal data unless we can demonstrate that there is a compelling legitimate reason for the processing; and
- to withdraw your permission, insofar as our processing of your personal data is specifically based on your consent.
Please note, however, that we may have to keep certain personal data, for example for legal purposes, e.g. in the context of transparency requirements.
You can obtain information about these rights or exercise them by sending an e-mail to the Fresenius Kabi Compliance Department, email@example.com.
For all your questions and requests, please contact Fresenius Kabi by
- sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- or a letter for the attention of
Fresenius Kabi N.V./SA
Attn. Compliance Department
2627 Schelle, Belgium
Last updated 13/07/2018